THIS COURSE WAS FILMED IN 2018
This half-day course provides participants with an overview of the accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations (ASNPO) contained in Part III of the CPA Canada Accounting Handbook.
The course is designed to assist those in public practice having not-for-profit clients as well as accountants who work directly with such organizations either as employees or volunteers.
The topics to be discussed during this presentation include:
• Overview of accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations
• Fund accounting and other general financial statement presentation requirements
• Accounting for contributions
• Tangible and intangible capital assets
• Note disclosure requirements specific to not-for-profit organizations
• Other highlights from the Part III Handbook
• Common topics contained in Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises relevant to not-for profit organizations (e.g. financial instruments)
• Proposed changes to ASNPO
Along with the course materials discussed during the presentation, supplemental reference information will be provided containing a sample set of financial statements prepared using the Part III ASNPO rules.