Beginning in 2019, provincial CPA regulations require that as part of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements, every CPA must complete four verifiable hours of learning relating to professional ethics in each three-year period.
CPA members and students are liable to fines, suspensions, and other disciplinary sanctions through any breach of the CPA Code of Professional Conduct (“Code”). The objective of this course is to reduce the risk of unwittingly violating the many requirements of the Code.
During the presentation, the Code will be summarized through the discussion of its following aspects:
• Required interactions by members and students with the provincial CPA body
• Ethical requirements in client engagements, including:
- Independence and conflicts of interest
- Integrity and due care
- Professional competence and compliance with professional standards
- Prohibited remuneration arrangements
• Advertising and solicitation of clients
• Required interaction with professional colleagues
• Administrative matters for public accounting practices and firms